Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Big,brave hunters (Read 8523 times)
Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Re: Big,brave hunters
Reply #15 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Perhaps they are not hunting,perhaps it is self defense.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
I have not  been bothered by hunters on my finca for 4 years now. I was always polite to them never demanded they leave my land etc but they just seem to have decided to stay away...perhaps it is my pack of six dogs(2of them Rottweilers) and the five beehives. If this is the cure then I recommend this method to everyone! Wink
Bruixot

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Hi Bruixot

The dogs probably put off burglars as well, so its a toss up between house and contents insurance fees and the cost of feeding six huge hounds over a year!! Hum I wonder which works out cheaper!!

Is it me or do these burglaries only happen to ex pats, has anyone heard of the Catalans being burgled? Just a thought

G.O.M.

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Hi folks:  The guys that paid us a visit neither knew nor cared if we were from this planet or the moon....they also helped themselves from our neighbours caravans and chalets, (they live in Barcelona), and our neighbours casita, which belongs to a local couple. We were the only English "done" that night...out of 6 break ins.  they were of Eastern European origin apparently...(the police caught 2 of them).
Another break in earlier this week in our area, (Tivenys), so be extra vigilant out there.....yeh, maybe the dogs are a good idea.

Liz

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
I know where there is an alsatian going cheep, yes I know its supposed to woof, but you can't have everything, best not tell him outdoors as you know what he is like re dogs, G.O.M.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I have heard of burglaries of locals as well as immigrants. After talking with my friends about my previous post they suggested that the gaggle of 7 geese and the 12 goats might also have an effect on the hunters!  Smiley

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Ahhh Geese now you are talking, I remember how territorial they are and nothing is more intimidating than a goose they don't seem to fear anything, except for an Axe and a chopping block  Grin

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Hmm don't know about not afraid of anything. Mine are a nervy bunch but they do make a lot of noise and come threatening and hissing at anything unusual. And as for insurance...well I haven't got around to getting any for the finca for the last four years so I guess that would probably offset the cost of feeding the hounds.
Bruixot

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Am I looking in wrong place, or have the last four posts been deleted, including Tony's ?
Cannot see why an advert for a dog would cause anyone to be offended.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top