Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
motor spare parts (Read 2216 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

motor spare parts
May 12th, 2009 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
anyone know of a Tortosa or Amposta supplier of filters and parts for diesel cars and tractors please????

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: motor spare parts
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2009 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Try Recambios Cimo in Tortosa.  They are next door to Potts Paints/ Hiper Europa/  They have pretty much everything there.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2009 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Tks Nigel.... I went confident they would know all about rubber impellers for Perkins diesel engines' cooling water circulating pumps, I used the right words ( turbina estandar - from my boating catalogue ) and got the good old curled top lip and shrug of shoulders - they wanted me to want a turbo unit but I don't, honest.  I do want to buy locally but it so often much easier to bite the bullet and pay the postage from UK.  And now for an alternator - I shall try the breakersyard first in Amposta... anyone been there, are they good, bad, average ???

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2009 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Ahh you didn't say it was boat orientated, I have a brass housing with rubber impeller which bolts onto the front of an engine, it is driven by the fan belt and has hose entries in and out, is that what you are looking for?

If you had said Jabsco water pump I would have known straight away, attached is an image of the pump is this what you are looking for?
Regards Stuart

Optimized_Jabsco_water_pump.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Thank you for taking the trouble, an excellent photograph as well.  It's a new impeller I'm after - the current one works fine with a working temp of 90 degs C so there's no rush....I just like to have spares ready for the next incident.  I

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top