Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot tubs/Spas (Read 2427 times)
old nelson

The man in black

Hot tubs/Spas
May 19th, 2009 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know where there are reasonably priced Hot tubs and Spas for sale other than LLATJE in Tortosa ??

Old Nelson.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Hot tubs/Spas
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately you missed the dend of stock line sale at Yuka and Yums!!

Possibly Bauhaus at Reus

IP Logged

ginestargal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
hi there there was someone advertising them in the olive press if that helps Roll Eyes

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2009 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Nut,
the tub which was outside Yuka for some time, I think, was an above ground dip pool with a wooden surround, it was not a hot tub/spa.........but as you said it's gone now whatever it was.....................thanks anyway, I'll keep on enquiring.
                      regards,
                                  Nelson.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
As a different approach, I bought one on ebay for buttons and brought it over on a trailer. Many purchasers in the UK have discovered that the British weather doesn't really suit it and are selling them off very cheaply. Probably best to wait till late autumn tho'. I know someone with a lorry who would bring one over for around €500.

As they are very heavy on electricity I'm connecting mine up to use the heat from my (water cooled) generator with heat exchangers on the water jacket and the exhaust. While the genny is producing 3KW to run the pumps and charge my batteries I should be getting about 10KW of 'free' heat into the tub. When the tub is warm enough I'll send the heat to the pool. I'll keep you all posted on progress.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Update on the hot tub. Had to fit a new pump but now it's all working fine. The real revelation is the free heat from the generator. The generator water cooling is fed through a marine heat exchanger. The other side is fed through 22mm insulated pipes about 10M to the tub although I don't think the distance would make much difference. I found a similarly sized flexible pipe in the hot tub that fed from the main circulation pump to an outlet near the base of the tub. I cut into this and fed it through the pipes to the genny. I have disconnected the electric heater in the tub. When the tub thermostat is calling for heat it runs the low speed circulation pump and, with the genny running it heats the tub at least twice as fast as the 3KW electric would.

We have set the genny timer to run from 7 to 9 pm. This leaves the tub nice and cool for daytime use and lovely and warm for the evenings. We are very chuffed and think it's the best addition to the house by far.

If anyone wants more detail then PM me.

Pete.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top