Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ryanair Cabin Luggage (Read 3442 times)
Debbie
Ex Member

Ryanair Cabin Luggage
Jun 3rd, 2009 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Even though Ryanair has given us the dimensions of the cabin luggage that we should adhere to but I am always amazed at some of the luggage that goes in to the cabin.  We purchased our bags from a very well known TV shopping channel because they have been designed so they can be put under the seat in front of you but the length of the case is a lot shorter than Ryanair's size but the depth is a little bit bigger.
We haven’t been stopped yet but I am wondering whether anyone has had their cabin luggage refused or knows of this? 

Or am I panicking about nothing?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Ryanair Cabin Luggage
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
i always use a soft sports bag as this can then be forced into the size thingy after i have put on 8 pairs of socks 2 pairs trousers 4 tee shirts 2 shirts and my towel around my head as a turban and drunk the duty free Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

mikedenise
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:06am
Print Post  
I recently had the "pleasure of choosing Ryanair as my airline of choice between Reus
and the UK" on Sunday.

I can report the flight checkin overseers are now meticulously measuring cabin hold
luggage and generally installing even more happiness and goodwill in to the jolly bus that
is a blue and yellow "almost new" Boeing 747-800

Once we are happily onboard Ryanair face the usual shock that families with young
children who had not been fleeced out of the £12 each priority option, are generally
unwilling to be seated apart and they then spend 10 frantic minutes begging and cajoling
passengers to move, causing distress both to the families and removing even more joy
from our Seattle built aluminium tube.

If Ryanair wants to make more money why not forego their insistence that families cannot
sit together unless paying an exorbitant fee, and instead sell Michael O'Leary voodoo
dolls onboard, or even better a smiling photo of Mr O'Leary in the pan of the toilets
then I would gladly spend £1 to use the facilities.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Mikedenise if you think that ryanair is so bad, why do you use them?
I notice that you dont say how much your flight actually cost!!! Was it cheap?
Was it cheaper than driving?
Was it cheaper than using public transport, where incidently families also like to sit together?
And exactly how much quicker and more convenient was Ryanair than the other modes of transport.
Of course you could always use easyjet to Barcelona and have a much longer journey to the Tortosa area and pay for parking whilst you are in the UK.
Why is it that everyone has to slag off a very useful service from a very useful airline that offers great value for money?
And Hazelnut you are too rude for words, no wonder you usually travel alone!!!!!

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Thats OK Steve

Non Taken Its My Job!! Roll Eyes

If people want to sit together let them pay for priority booking, instead of inconveniencing everyone  and trying to play the sympathy card and causing pandemonium just prior to take off!!

After all it would cost them a darn site more with another airline that issues seat numbers on the tickets

I agree with you on the Ryan Air though I always use them, i just get anoyed with people who expect Monarch Service from a budget airline, as you say if the don't like it choose another airline!!

G.O.M.

IP Logged

mikedenise
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 10:38am
Print Post  
In response

I paid £25 each way however once it transpired I wanted to pay for it went up to £60, once they decided I needed to use an airport it increased to £120, if I want a seat near my family it goes up to £132, if I have the audacity to wear more than 2 pairs of clothes we are now talking £172 - the same price as a regular airline that treats its customers with respect (Ryanair could start charging for that experience).

I would gladly pay more for another airline if one flew to Reus - - I await with baited breath the opening of the new airport and hope a normal airline flies there.

In the meantime if you enjoy the Ryanair experience good luck - you and Max Mosley have something in common!

IP Logged

munkonminor

Ryanair / Ding Dong Avon
Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I really can't understand why people whinge about Ryanair. Yes you pay for every little thing but they do fly from Reus to many regional airports many time a week. Time and time again I see punters complaining at the check in desks because they have either not read the luggage weight allowances or thought they would just try and sneak through, the same is now happening at the gates, the rules are one piece of hand baggage but people still insist on trying to board with two. Abide by the rules, choose your flight time carefully and it is still sensational value for money. Eight years ago I was regularly paying £120 + to fly into Barcelona ( from Heathrow !! ) or, if you were lucky you could pick up a bucket shop seat on a Thompsons flight to Reus ( one a week ) for slightly less.  "Normal" airlines still fly into Barcelona or Valencia if you want to pay for the privilege and add another hour or two on your journey.

Hazelnut - has the wife tried the "Natural Honey" cream from Sabeco ?

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Monk,
       I regularly fly in and out of Barcelona mostly with Easyjet and 2 weeks ago flew in from UK only paying £23-00 without "Speedy Boarding and case in hold," then took the train from the Airport to  Barcelona Sants and caught another to Tortosa for just over 11 euros. OK, it takes about an hour and a half but its airconditioned and if your not in a rush sit back and enjoy the scenery. Other airlines may be a bit more but every one of them I'd put in front of Ryanair which actually can at times be more expensive if your'e not careful, at least you get treated as a paying passenger with Easyjet, BA and others, not like a neccessary piece of dirty baggage on Ryanair.

Old nelson
PS. Sorry for the rant, but as you can see, I can't stand the attitude of the Ryanair company from top to bottom!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top