Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Trailer matriculation (Read 3951 times)
bruixot
Ex Member

Trailer matriculation
Jun 4th, 2009 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Hi
Does anyone have experience with matriculating trailers please? I am aware that after 3/4 tons they have to be itv etc(that's why you see so many big trailers plated at 3/4tons). Does anyone know how difficult it is,what it involves and how much it costs approx? I need to matriculate a plant trailer basically.
Bruixot

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Re: Trailer matriculation
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
FORGET IT.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Forget it.  I have had two separate quotes, one from a guy advertising on this site - who did me the courtesy of a very long and thorough reply explaining where the money goes. and another from a trailer fabricator in Amposta...GAD or something similar.  anyway, you're looking at 3500 euros and probably plus IVA.  There's two different surveyors and loads of people to pay, lots of pieces of paper and a load of old Spanish burockracy.  The 1500 kg boat trailer I wanted to legalise could have been bought new from BCN for 2800 euros.   They do not recognise any other country is capable of building roadworthy trailers and only theirs are good enough.... oh yes,  of course...domestic market protectionism again.  The Third World continues to flourish here.

IP Logged

james@JPT
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I was told that all trailers had to have ITV and that came from a big spanish car dealer. Thats why there aren't many on the road. Is this not true then???  Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Hi

A couple of months ago we had the opportunity to straight swop our English Reg 4 x 4 with a Spanish Reg 4 x4, similar age, condition etc. The stumbling block was the fact we have two 1.5 ton English trailers. We contacted Joan Bort the Gestor at Jesus, who made enquirers about the possibility of matriculating these trailers here. After a couple of days he came back after speaking to technico's and the traffic department to say it is totally impossible to register an English trailer here, as the trailer when bought new in the UK does not come with the correct documentation. When a trailer is bought here it comes with its own log book etc, and is a separately owned vehicle in the eyes of the law.

We have also had a same problem with quad bikes here, which are road suitable, bought in the UK without being made road legal there. It again is impossible to matriculate, due to them not having the correct paperwork to allow matriculation to take place here.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Great info, thanks.

I think that I'm going to have to tow a stack of trailers back to the UK to sell them there. Every time I drive out I seem to bring a trailer loaded with stuff. I reckon that I could stack 4 of them and tow back in one hit!

I suppose that the same applies to boats and jet skis on trailers? What about caravans and trailer tents?

Pete.

IP Logged

james@JPT
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi

A couple of months ago we had the opportunity to straight swop our English Reg 4 x 4 with a Spanish Reg 4 x4, similar age, condition etc. The stumbling block was the fact we have two 1.5 ton English trailers. We contacted Joan Bort the Gestor at Jesus, who made enquirers about the possibility of matriculating these trailers here. After a couple of days he came back after speaking to technico's and the traffic department to say it is totally impossible to register an English trailer here, as the trailer when bought new in the UK does not come with the correct documentation. When a trailer is bought here it comes with its own log book etc, and is a separately owned vehicle in the eyes of the law.

We have also had a same problem with quad bikes here, which are road suitable, bought in the UK without being made road legal there. It again is impossible to matriculate, due to them not having the correct paperwork to allow matriculation to take place here.

Hope this helps.

Top man. Great bit of info. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top