Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
various questions (Read 1939 times)
TonyL
Ex Member

various questions
Sep 1st, 2009 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
we are moving to tortosa very soon and would like some questions answerd
we have children of 12 and 17 and was hoping that there were people out there with similar age kids
i would like to know if there are any clubs ie tennis, gym, guitar lessons anything of the sort.
we would like to know if any dog training facilities were there.
sorry alot of questions but any advice would help.
any maths or biology tutors.
and finally is it cheaper to have a water tank built or buy large plastic containers.
thank you very much for your help

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: various questions
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the area Tony.  I don't have children here so can't help you on that score.  I'm sure some of the others on here will help.
Regarding water, it depends what you have already.  Do you have your own or a shared (community) well or a regular supply, or will you need to have it delivered.  If the latter, I wouldn't have thought bought containers would be practical.  With children you're going to go through more water than you may have estimated.  Example, we have a well that we use to fill a 1500 litre tank.  This time of year, with watering the garden and a machine load (at least) of washing a day, we go threough that in a couple of days.  Maybe 3-4 days in winter.  That's just for two adults.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Hi
There are many clubs and plenty of people offering tuition in all sorts of things. The language barrier will be your greatest problem tho. For long term use of water a cisterna is the best method(assuming you don't have direct access to water). The tanks are fine for animals,gardening and short term use but they do turn the water green if they aren't covered agaianst the sunlight and there is the added risk of Legionaires disease(rare but still a possibility). Your younger child will pick up the language quickly at school but it will be difficult for the teenager.
Will add more if you have any other questions.
Bruixot

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Hi
There are many clubs and plenty of people offering tuition in all sorts of things. The language barrier will be your greatest problem tho.
For long term use of water a cisterna is the best method(assuming you don't have direct access to water). The tanks are fine for animals,gardening and short term use but they do turn the water green if they aren't covered agaianst the sunlight and there is the added risk of Legionaires disease(rare but still a possibility). Your younger child will pick up the language quickly at school but it will be difficult for the teenager. I have done the kid thing out here and have several friends who still are.
Will add more if you have any other questions.
Regards
Bruixot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top