Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Restaurant Can Joan (Read 5270 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Restaurant Can Joan
May 1st, 2010 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Can Recommend the Can Joan Restaurant in Horta St Juan, good quality Catalan style food Friendly welcome good service and reasonable, 10 euro for menu del dia 4 courses and wine included.

Directions from Prat de Compte head for Arnes then turn right to Horta de St Juan as you climb the hill into Horta the Can Joan Restaurant is on your right.

Shame the Picasso Museum wasn't Open!!

Has anyone ever managed to get into the museum?

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Restaurant Can Joan
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2010 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Yes,once.It opens at 11.00am and shuts at 1.30pm,tuesday to friday.Pity the guy´s not famous,they might have shut at 2.00pm

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2010 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Yes, I have been to the Picasso museum twice and found it very interesting! There is a web site that translates to English, I can't remember the address but google Picasso museum Horta de Sant Joan and you should find it!

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2011 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Been to Can Joan today and would like to endorse Hazlenut's recommendation. The menu still costs 10€ (inc. VAT) and for that you get  a house salad, then starter, main course,  dessert, bread and wine or water. There are several choices for each course and the atmosphere is friendly and the service very good. We enjoyed our meal there very much. 

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure the museum opens up again in the afternoon, probably same time that the shops, 5pm?  Although all the paintings are (very good) copies it is good to see all the paintings and sketches that Picasso created here in Horta.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
The Picasso museum is closed on Mondays but open from Tuesdays to Sundays from 11.00 to 13.30 and on Saturdays in the afternoon as well from 17.00 to 20.00.  More info on their website,
http://www.centrepicasso.cat/home.html

IP Logged

ChrisCIS

Forum newbie

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2011 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Have eaten at Can Joan many times and never had a bad meal. good food fantastic area.

Catalunya Insurance Services
0034 977092044
IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Been there may 19th. Nice atmosphere and friendly people indeed but there the positive experience ends. The house salade was really basic (salad, tomato, unions and olives) and exactly the same as the salad I had for a starter(!). My friend had beans for a starter wich where just that: a plate of cooked beans with nothing nothing added at all. The main courses (pork and fisch) where not hot, not tasty and all covered with a huge amount of tomato-sauce. The deserts where not home-made and  the wine was of poor quality. One of the worst menu del dias in a long time Cry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top