Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Restaurants in L'Ampolla (Read 3768 times)
IanH
Ex Member

Restaurants in L'Ampolla
Jun 25th, 2010 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Hi,

We are coming to L’Ampolla for a couple of weeks in August and wondered if anyone could give us some recommendations for good restaurants.

Unfortunately I’ll need to define what I mean by “good restaurants”.  With two teenage sons, I’m looking for places to eat that also have “English” meals on the menu; steak, pie, fish (as long as it is filleted, fried in batter and preferably comes with chips and mushy peas), burgers, pizza, etc, etc.  For them, the restaurants of Salou are perfect, but I would definitely prefer to avoid that if possible.

Ideally, I would like a typically Spanish restaurant so that the wife and I can enjoy the local cuisine, while at the same time being able to get steak pie and pizza for the kids.

Am I asking for too much?

Thanks in advance

Ian

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Re: Restaurants in L'Ampolla
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Hi
I live and if you find steak pies fish and chips please let me know as I have been looking for 10 years gravy or bread and butter would be nice

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 10:41am
Print Post  
You could try Bar Estacion english run near the railway station in L'Ampolla for your english fix of fish chips and mushy peas only on friday nights though, but you can get  a selection of english style food and pizzas I suppose

If you want to try the local fare paella and Tapas there is a nice restaurant on the roundabout at the fishing port end of L'Ampolla Bar Fermin 11 from memory they also do Pizzas  not sure about burgers but one of the tapas is Cod in Batter with a side order of fries you might get away with it but no mushy peas I'm Afraid  Location:-) http://www.ampolla.org/eng/pop_planol.asp?tp=2&id=29

IP Logged

gollums_mate
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
JR'S Frankfurt Bar in L'Ampolla is a friendly bar and has a kids menu, and a good range of food for us oldies. Burgers, pizzas, toasted sandwiches you name it. Jennie and Ricard also do a good menu del dia and will always look to please. Its situated in the side road opposite the school in L'Ampolla. More details can be found in the Catalunya Chronicle see www.chroniccat.com.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top