IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: British TV
Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Stormy weather. On your size dish it is more of a problem. The switch isn't going to happen until October.

IP Logged

hemyinspain
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks, it's odd tho, all fine this morning and fab signal, yet tonight absolutely nothing! Panicking! Haha X factor has started lol

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Has my freeview receiver gone on the blink or has the big switch off finally happened  ? Can only get BBC1 & 2 as of 22.00 pm.

IP Logged

cazntony
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
I can hear other half watching footie as we speak. I believe that is on Itv 4.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Has my freeview receiver gone on the blink or has the big switch off finally happened  ? Can only get BBC1 & 2 as of 22.00 pm.

we can still get loads of programs here in tivenys as of today the 25th oct i just turned the tv on to look x

IP Logged

Hesa Juan 2
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Nothing wrong with mine ......unfortunately.......same old repeats, cooking programmes, cheap game shows and rubbish soaps.... Im soooo glad I dont pay a licence fee anymore!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
It hasn't changed yet - still no confirmed dates but it is in testing and is in it's third week so I guess it will change in 3 - 5 weeks.

If it's not done before 15th December then it won't change until after Christmas as there is a freeze on changes during this period.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #23 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Five new HD channels start today. Freesat viewers do a re-scan to get them up.Sky viewers should have them appear in your EPG.The channels are....BBC Three HD, BBC Four HD, BBC News HD, CBBC HD, and Cbeebies HD.Sat 2E is still at 43 degrees so it looks like we will be "Safe" until after Christmas as Nigel states 15/12 is the "magic" day. 

Horrid Henry in HD ohhhhhh I can't wait.   Grin

Do_not_be_horrid_henry.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #24 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Just checked on Sky and all the new channels are there.  Wink For the moment anyway.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #25 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Latest news today from SES the company that owns/deals with the various change over of channels which will effect us here in Spain.This email was sent to a Sat rigger in France who requested an update........

SES wrote: “As part of SES’ ongoing fleet renewal programme, we will be transferring all the UK Spot Beam transponders currently operating on ASTRA 1N across to ASTRA 2E. This move at the 28.2/28.5ºEast orbital location will take place over several weeks beginning early February 2014. The transfer will have no adverse implications for viewers in the UK and Ireland as the affected channels will continue to operate on the same frequencies and will be broadcast at the same, or slightly improved power levels, across the UK and Ireland. TV viewers outside the UK and Ireland may see an impact and may not be able to receive channels from ASTRA 2E UK Spot Beam, which has a smaller footprint than ASTRA 1N. The new footprint on SES’ replacement fleet has been designed to meet the requirements of UK and Irish broadcasters who target their channels for distribution in the UK and/or Ireland. UK and Irish broadcasters hold broadcasting rights only for the UK and/or Ireland but not for other countries.”

Your viewing over Christmas appears secure.

Thanks to Robs Sat tv for the info.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #26 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Sky of course will be using the Pan European Spot Beam which mean after change over We should be able to get most channels with a larger dish.The size of the dish should be about 150cm-180cm as these have been tested from outside the UK and picked up Sat 2F which mirrors the SAT 2E.So Nigel's new dishes should do the trick.We shall wait until the change over to see the actual impact on our dishes as various tweaks and adjustments to the spot beams are made after change over.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I just hope with the mad rush in 1.8m dishes being sold, that the price comes down !!! I cannot see why there is such a change in price from a 1.5- £300ish  to a 1.8  7-800ish ?

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
The ironic thing is they can cost no more than few quid to produce in numbers

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #29 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 1:30am
Print Post  
More dishes here than a Peckham high rise. I am sure they will answer the pricing question.There is a lot of info on the page with advice and details re the various set up options. Aimed more to the UK but I am sure Europe as well as they offer a delivery service here.Too expensive for me but interesting re information.

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/fixed-dishes.htm

Peckham_init.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top