Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 British TV (Read 50753 times)
Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: British TV
Reply #30 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 12:54am
Print Post  
The new satellite is moving as we speak towards 28.2 degrees having finished its various testing (it will take about 21 days to reach 28.2). Mid-Feb will show us what channels we will lose when it goes into service. BBC and ITV look like they have gone.It may will be in due course that SKY may carry BBC and ITV for those who pay up on the Pan European beam. Or you could Buy Apple TV and just flash BBC iplayer from your ipad to your TV or wait for dish prices to drop. If you can get all the channels on Sat 1N at the moment you will get them all on transfer day because it looks like the new satellite 2E will mirror 1N and just transfer all the transponders over from one to the other. (Channels) Anyway the long wait will soon be over There are a lot of bright people out there and solutions I have no doubt will be forthcoming. Research before parting with any of your cash first ! Failing all this you could always throw your telly out and read a book or talk to your other half for once.......Reaches for phone to order one of Nigel's "Big Ones"

Grin Grin

Track the New Sats progress below.
http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=39285

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #31 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 9:37am
Print Post  
I doubt SKY will carry BBC or ITV channels on a pan european beam as neither the BBC or ITV have distribution rights for programs outside of the UK so if they were to offer the service outside the UK it would open a can of worms relating to copyright, distribution etc. etc. that I'm sure they wouldn't want to open.

It may also jepordise the SKY service which should not be broadcast to or have subscribers outside the UK for the same reasons. SKY are obviously fully aware that they do have European subscribers and for this reason they will not want to lose millions in revenue by cutting off their 'illegal but paying' subscribers in Europe.

It was interesting the case of BTSport at the end of last year.  It moved from Eutelsat (with pan-european coverage) to Astra 2F on a UK spot beam. Lots of 'European subscribers' who shouldn't have a subscription lost their service. Miraculously a few days later it moved from the UK spot beam to a pan-european beam. I guess the thought of the cancelled subscriptions was too much for them to bear.

Unfortunately the BBC and ITV don't charge subscriptions so will not lose anything by restricting their service to UK only.

Time will tell...

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #32 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Word on the street is that Feb 14th is switch over day.  In the absence of TV some of you might have to talk to the spouse on Valentine's Day!   Kiss

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #33 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 3:30am
Print Post  
It will be in position at 28.2 around the 31st Jan 2014 then a couple of days testing and then change over and only then will you know what size dish is required where you are.So it will all be over by the 14th. 
Wink

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks Bunter for your updates.........    I think       !!!!  Decent of you to share your knowledge.  No, I mean it, really.

Really.   

Really

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #35 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Kiss

Good_ole_col_quip.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #36 - Jan 30th, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Just lost BBC 1 and 2

IP Logged

hemyinspain
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Me too! Right as the Olympics start! Can anyone tell me if using an Apple TV device would work for bbc1 and 2?
Thanks? Also which is the best company to use to hide your ip?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #39 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Me too! Right as the Olympics start! Can anyone tell me if using an Apple TV device would work for bbc1 and 2?
Thanks? Also which is the best company to use to hide your ip?

I have apple TV and you can change the DNS settings to show you are in the USA which I pay 7.99 dollars a month for USA version of netflix. not £7.99 pound for the UK poorer version in way of content. At the moment you can not get BBC on apple TV but you can use an Ipad that can be mirrored onto your TV and use iplayer that way. I think you can use airplay that does not require an HDMI cable but at the moment I can only get my apple TV to work on an Ethernet cable it could be iberbanda or me I am still working on it.

You can buy from ebay a jail broken apple TV 2 I have apple tv 3 which can not at the moment be changed from the apple format. These apple TV 2 have lots of added software and effectively all your films sports and everything else is FREE !!!! The seller in the link below is the best at this sort of thing.you can email him or talk to him just for advice.He is in the UK not is some shed just off the great wall of china. He explains what this item is all about.Expensive but no more subscriptions and future proof re updates. If buying one of these make sure its untethered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-TV2-Untethered-Jailbroken-JUST-the-same-as-the-o...

With regards a VPN to watch BBC iplayer I have tried all the free ones and a few pay systems but the one I have found the easiest and has not let me down is tunnelbear. Costs 4.99 dollars a month pay though paypal and cancel any time.That is unlimited downloads. or you can have it for free but the limit is 500mbs per month.

https://www.tunnelbear.com/

Good luck.   Smiley

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #40 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
We have been using www.my-private-network.co.uk for the last several years. It's £5 per month and is quick and effective. We are able to watch 'live' streaming TV on the iplayer and to record fine. We have a Eurona 3mb connection. You can have as many PCs as you like simultaneously.  Smiley

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #41 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
For all you people who miss radio 4 Today programme in the morning. Here is the thought for today.....

thought_of_the_day_pic.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #42 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:34am
Print Post  

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
What a great sight but you have to give them your credit card details even though its free has anyone done this?.....is it safe?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #44 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Be careful, as I read on another forum that there are 'cowboys'
out there waiting to take your money.
Also while everyone seems to be receiving the T.V. channels at the moment via different sources, this probably won't last for long. The internet etc. won't cope.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top