Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 British TV (Read 50715 times)
hemyinspain
Ex Member

Re: British TV
Reply #45 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks all for so much great advice! We were using expat but the break up in all programs was terrible so was hoping to find a better service. I will try some of these although I do get nervous about paying for things.  Im not so nervous paying via paypal tho.
Still frustrated.  I did get tvguide in UK on ipad but do not have apple tv so would take so long to get it here that olympics would be over!
Id hoped the sports channels would have been showing the olympics, or it would be visible online somewhere somehow.  Seems Spanish TV isnt showing any of it from what I can see.
Thanks again guys

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #46 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
This is exactly what will happen and will probably only get worse as more people try to stream via the internet.

I spoke to Eurona and they are starting to see saturation of the available bandwidth on the link that comes to here via Tarragona. This will result in inevitable breakup.

As I have stated before, WiMax is not capable of supporting this volume of traffic.

The only viable solutions are:
1. If you have ADSL then IPTV will work
2. A bigger dish.

Remember that ITV and Channel 4 will be gone at the beginning of the week.

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #47 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
I am able to watch the Olympics on BBC RB 2 on my tv it's channel number 978 .I was surprised to get it can't get any other BBC programmes though

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #48 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Tried this and working great. Husband watching sports now. Thanks.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Film 4....
Reply #49 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
has it gone off with all the others?
And...pointers please to an online Spanish TV listings site if there is such a thing.
ThanQ !!
Colin

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #50 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Not yet but probably tonight.
Spanish TV guide is here:
http://www.tvguia.es/

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

follow up question
Reply #51 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel.  I'm suffering badly from out of lip-sync; not me, the tele.  As it's a recent thing, is this us or 'THEM'? If it's us will a new decoder solve the problem?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #52 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Terrestrial or satellite? If terrestrial why are you using a decoder as your TV (if it wasn't zapped by the storm!) should have a TDT decoder in it. Any particular channel?

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
The tv is fine and presumably the lip-sinc problem will be totally and finally solved when all current channels have gone to their new satellite!   Hopefully the existing dish can be aligned to some other satellite offering a news service (at least) in English  pending the arrival of Jodrell Bank in the garden ..? Is this possible?  I'm planning a new Freesat digibox to take the advantages they offer.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #54 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15AkXOTmI10

If you have an ipad and apple tv use this method to play BBC iplayer etc on your big TV. I use this method with 3mbs download speed from iberbanda and it works fine as does Netflix USA with no lag/buffering.  Wink

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #55 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
skyinmadrid.

ASTRA 2E POWER INCREASED ON 12 FEB
Many correspondents have reported BBC & ITV returning over the past few days. There was a marked improvement towards the end of last week. One expert suggested it may have been because the satellite's travelling wave amplifiers need time to "burn in". Another possibility is that 2E developed a problem during tests, that it has never been able to develop full power, and that this is the best we can expect. This may have been the reason it spent two months longer than expected parked at its test position. It should not be discounted that power has been deliberately reduced.

If the BBC has returned with slight breakup in the past few days, you are only likely to lose it completely in rain from now on. An upgrade to the next dish size up should cure this problem, but to be sure, move up two sizes.
If you can only receive BBC & ITV in the mornings and late evenings, the same applies.
If BBC & ITV have not returned by now they may never come back.
There are further channel changes coming over the next few months, with the likely closure of Astra 2A, the addition of Astra 2G, and new HD services for ITV One.  Smiley

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
We get a very good picture on our TV via my laptop. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to turn the picture off my laptop while watching the TV? Is there a way of connecting my laptop to the TV without using a cable as I do now?

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Click the minus/dash button on the top right hand side of the screen will remove the picture from the screen of LT without turning it off. I have not heard of any way of connecting LT to TV without cable.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #58 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Pat.  There seems to be a number ways to do it out thee.  Just google with the terms TV/PC/wifi etc.  Here's one (but I haven't tried it myself yet.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sitecom-hdmi-pc-to-tv-media-streamer-a81la

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #59 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
With regards watching SKY Is this the end of IPTV viewing ????

SKY VIEWING CARDS
All of Sky’s 10 million viewing cards are likely to be replaced this year.

The last time this happened was in 2009, when six-year-old "yellow house" cards were replaced. Some who had bought Sky cards through grey market suppliers in mainland Europe didn’t receive their new cards, and were cut off.
White Sky Viewing cardThis time, Sky will introduce new security measures to counter growing piracy. BBC London recently exposed a network of retailers and installers selling hacked receivers, which enable thousands in the UK to view Sky illegally.
Sky have steadily increased security over the past few years. HD channels are now locked to the receiver a viewing card is paired to and the activation process has moved online for new installs.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2014 at 2:04am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top