Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
 25 British TV (Read 50744 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

190 cm dish now fitted..
Reply #60 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
...and working fine.  Fitted by our Nigel on Saturday and now with a new HD decoder we can get all the usual channels with Channel 4, Film 4, ITV BBC tv and radio.  Some break up of pic around 20.00/22.00 hrs but BBC NI and BBC2 NI are both, for some reason, more stable than our local regional channels.  Lots of HD but not Film 4 HD for some reason.  The decoder is pretty naff but for 60 euros demonstrates that quality is available from a 190 dish.   Recommended. The dish, not the decoder.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: British TV
Reply #61 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
http://www.britsat.tv/webdocs/Items/Details52.cfm

Cheap dish fitted may be suitable if you are sheltered.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #62 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
A lot of interesting (useful ?) info on this site.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #63 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Taken from sky in Madrid to save u the trouble.

I tried this but it didn't work for me I did however get channel 4 back.

ITV ONE RECOVERY: TRY A RE-TUNE
Map of all ITV Regions If you've lost ITV in the recent channel switch, there's an outside chance you may be able to get it back with a re-tune.
Recently we wrote about being able to tune an alternate Channel Four. These ITV One alternate frequencies are much less sure of success, but it's worth a try.
If your ITV One region is London, Granada, Anglia West, Central West, Wales, West, Westcountry South, Border Scotland, Tyne Tees, Meridian South and SE, Central West, Anglia South, Channel, Scottish or Ulster, follow this re-tune:

Go to "Services" then "System Setup" or the "Tools" icon. Choose "Add channels". In the next box enter "10994", then "H", then "22000", then "5/6" in "FEC". Press "Find Channels". In the list that appears, select the channels you want, then press "Save"
You can view them in "Services" then "Other Channels".
Repeat this, only with "11053", then "H", then "22000", then "5/6" in "FEC".
You may be able to see sub-regions of Meridian, Anglia, Yorkshire, Central, Wales, Tyne Tees, Westcountry SW and Ulster on the slightly stronger Astra 2F beam. If you have an HD receiver you may also see Granada ITV One HD. All channels are free-to-air.
Owners of Freesat receivers can try entering an alternate postcode in one of the favoured ITV areas in the Initial Setup procedure, or tuning these frequencies manually in "Setup" then "Manual Tuning". Be warned, however, that this switches the box to "Non-Freesat" mode
Tweet

FEB
BBC GIVES UP ON GLOBAL iPLAYER
Global iPlayer, the international version of its iPlayer, has failed to live up to the BBC's expectations and is to close.
BBC Worldwide, the division charged with selling BBC content internationally, plans to phase out the service. Instead, content for international download will be integrated into an improved BBC.com website.
BBC Global iPlayer logoThe current version, available in 16 countries, is a trial that has never been fully launched.
Alix Pryde, who was the public face of the BBC team which decided to restrict the footprint of BBC services in mainland Europe from 2014, thought that Global iPlayer would be a substitute for the lost BBC services.
In order to view Global iPlayer, an app must first be downloaded from the iTunes store. This can't be from the UK version, it has to be from an iTunes store in one of the countries in the trial. In Europe, these are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg , Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The iTunes stores in these countries need a registered payment card from a bank in the country of residence to download the app and pay the subscription. This rules out many of those in places such as Spain and Portugal who are on holiday, overwintering, don't have the right bank account, don't have an Apple ID, and don't have compatible devices

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
I think that the BBC are losing a huge amount of revenue over this.  Like I said on another thread we use a VPN because there is no other way of accessing BBC output, yet I would happily pay them for the service and I'm sure I cannot be alone on this.

I wouldn't give Murdoch any of my money ever.

IP Logged

Herbert
Ex Member

Re: British TV Thanks Bunter
Reply #65 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the Info from Sky in Madrid.

Retuned and have ITV and ITV+1 on our 1.3mtr in Vinaros.
Watching the rest on a mixture of ADSL and Film on.
All we need now is a retune for BBC and it would save a new dish can live in hope Smiley
Thanks again........

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #66 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 1:08am
Print Post  
ITV TO LAUNCH NEW CHANNEL
ITV's chief executive, Adam Crozier, has announced that a new pay TV channel, Encore, will be launching this summer. Showing original, newly-commissioned drama series such as Vera and Lucan, Encore is a joint venture with Sky. It will only be available to paying subscribers on Sky, NOW TV, Sky Go and Sky Store. Live streaming will be available on NOW TV and Sky GO.
It will show episodes from Downton Abbey and Broadchurch.
ITV is making a deliberate move away from heavy reliance on advertising towards a subscription-funded, Sky-dependent model.
In recent years, ITV has suffered badly from downturns in advertising. Encore is part of the plan to counter this. Additionally, there is a new deal to keep high definition versions of ITV 2, ITV 3 and ITV 4 in Sky's premium HD pack.
This means these three channels will not appear on Freesat for a number of years, if ever.
There were rumours that ITV 3 would close, but now it is intended to be a "gold" style drama re-run channel.
Premium Encore programmes will be available for rental on the Sky Store.
ITV Encore is likely to be on the Europe beam, in common with ITV's other encrypted HD channels, meaning easy reception all over Europe for those willing to pay.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #67 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
ASTRA 2G TO BE LAUNCHED IN MAY
The last of the three replacement satellites for the UK will be launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan this May.
Astra 2G is identical to Astra 2E, seen here in launch preparation Astra 2G's beams will be almost identical to those of Astra 2E and 2F, which are now in service. The 2G addition is likely to be the last major shakeup of services at 28.2º, and will mark the closure of the elderly Astra 2A, which can be received in Cyprus and the Middle East. Its channels will move to the newer satellites.
Though it's unlikely that Sky will move any of its pay package to the UK beam, some brands such as Disney are known to be sensitive about overspill to mainland Europe.
The extra capacity 2G will bring may finally allow the BBC to introduce HD to all its BBC One regional variants.
No BBC channels will be broadcast on the Europe beams.
Tweet

FEB
30 DAY BBC iPLAYER
Catching up with previously-broadcast programmes on BBC iPlayer will become easier when the current 7-day time limit is increased to 30 days. The BBC Trust has also approved proposals for the new BBC Store. International users will be able to purchase BBC DVDs and to download programmes to keep permanently. The new store, to be run by BBC Worldwide, will be the replacement for the Global iPlayer. No dates for these changes have been announced.
Tweet

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #68 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
For those with a little patience, there is an alternative to the iplayer called get_iplayer. It''s a bit clunky but allows you to download all the iplayer content as .mp4 files that don't expire - ever! I've been using it for a while and got into the habit of downloading tomorrows viewing today. Easiest download is from here: http://squarepenguin.co.uk/downloads/

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Mar 2nd, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
I'm a bit confused!  I do download BBC programmes from the the BBC site, is it possible to download ITV programmes? & are you saying that you can download programmes BEFORE they are shown with this site?

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #70 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the confusion, you can't download before they have been shown on live broadcast. I was just meaning that I plan my viewing in advance. The get_iplayer program used to allow ITV & CH4 but that bit is broken due to changes by those networks. I hope someone will fix it but don't know when.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #71 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/networking/3502125/worm-themoon-infects-link...

Linksys/Belkin Routers.

The following routers may be vulnerable depending on firmware version: E4200, E3200, E3000, E2500, E2100L, E2000, E1550, E1500, E1200, E1000, E900."

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #72 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  
NO MORE RESETTING DEFAULT
Prior to last month, it was often necessary to change the "default transponder" on a Sky receiver. This is the frequency which carries the Sky guide. All Sky boxes are programmed to look for this frequency, 11778, to load programme and channel information. Formerly on Astra 2B's north beam, it was difficult to receive in southern Europe, being particularly weak in the afternoon in Spain. Sky boxes would often complain of "no satellite signal" following one of Spain's frequent power cuts. This problem has vanished now that the default transponder is on Astra 2E's much more powerful Europe beam.
It's no longer necessary, and unwise, to attempt to change the default transponder, as a Sky box will always default to 11778 V if this frequency can be received.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top