Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hob Top Kettle (Read 4657 times)
Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Hob Top Kettle
Jan 9th, 2014 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Over the last few years I have lost 2  Le Creuset hob kettles by using light "Recommend" cleaners in short they would after a few days of using the cleaner ( As we know calcium builds on the inside very quickly) I noticed the inside would rust and make the kettle redundant. These kettles cost £73 pounds each. Anyway I now have a Steller stainless steel kettle very nice indeed and I am sure all you ladies know this but I found if I fill the kettle over the calcium watermark bring to the boil and add a whole lemon cut up, Leave overnight.The next morning a quick run around inside whilst the lemon water is still there with the nylon plate brush and the kettle is as good as new with no damage. Another tip is do not leave any water in the kettle after you make your cuppa etc.  Cheesy

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Re: Hob Top Kettle
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Try half a cup of vinegar plus 2+ cups water.  Boil.  It will fizz wildly but remove the scale.  Repeat as necessary.  This is an immediate solution to your over night soak.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I am sure your tip is fine however I would prefer my kitchen to smell of fresh lemons and the kettle taking the minimum amount of water to wash out the lemon and calcium residue. However the smell of vinegar in my kettle/Cuppa is not for me. The overnight clean is just the way I do it. If the kettle is redundant overnight where is the hardship Cheesy Going off the replies hereon I note that kettle cleaning is a " blokey " thing

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
As you can see from the video we blokes are made of sterner stuff we actually stand to de-scale our kettles ladies sit down. Please put the seat down after use. This video was filmed in Benefit Street.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-descale-a-kettle#playlist-urlname=how-to-des...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
I cant believe that I actually started to watch that. Got to get out of this place.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Bunter wrote on Jan 10th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
As you can see from the video we blokes are made of sterner stuff we actually stand to de-scale our kettles ladies sit down. Please put the seat down after use. This video was filmed in Benefit Street.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-descale-a-kettle#playlist-urlname=how-to-des...

That was one of the most exciting videos I've seen in ages.
I'm reaching for a lemon as I type..... Wink

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Cactus.....No need to bite the lemon or use a rope....Wardrobe doors or the hanging there from is not required to clean a kettle. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
I wish i hadn't replied. Honest.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2014 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Scale build up was a problem until I started using water from a Britta water filter jug. Over a year and no scale in sight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top